Salads are always a good option to fill in your stomach or to satisfy your Hunger pangs. If we talk about Salads, Especially, Greek Salad tastes amazing and it is packed with numerous nutrients, fiber and Healthy Fats.
Greek Salad is a breeze to make with such a easy-to-arrange rich ingredients. We can incorporate colourful, fiberous and nutritious greek salad to work as a meal accompaniment in Lunch & Dinner or in Mid-meals or a stand-alone snack to cure Acid-Reflux, Obesity, and other weight related problems. As Salads have high water content in them so it dilutes the acids in the stomach increasing Alkalinity in the stomach.
Salads are just an Easy Quick Tip to Detox your Body from inside, specially giving a boost to your Digestive System and Detoxifying Kidney and Liver.
Salads protects the mucus that shields the intestine creating a healthy Flora & Fauna of our digestive system which are otherwise attacked by unhealthy processed food like refined sugar and junk food, causing bad bacteria in the gut !!
This salad is made of simple ingredients yet it packs a flavorful punch! This Greek Salad dressing also goes well with a lettuce/Iceberg based salad as well or toss it over a pasta salad. Just chopping few exotic vegetables and mixing few ingredients with some herbs. And Viola , its Ready !!
Here goes the Delicious Greek Salad recipe with a hint of honey to balance the tanginess and act as an emulsifier.
- 1.5 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a hint of Honey
- salt to taste
VEGETABLE LIST :
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Black Olives
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl. combine all vegetables : Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives, avocado and feta to a salad bowl and gently toss together.
- Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired. Serve immediately at room temperature, or chill before serving.